7th September 2018
Transborders Energy (TBE) Chief Financial Officer, Anna Sudlow, presented at the 2018 SEAAOC (Darwin, Australia) on the topic of “Stranded Gas Resource Commercialisation –Small Scale FLNG Projects”.
Anna presented that, “there are approximately 240 discovered but stranded offshore gas resources within the range of ~0.5 to 5.0 Trillion Cubic Feet (TCF) of Expected Ultimate Recovery (EUR) each, of which approximately 40, representing 65 TCF of EUR, are in the Australian jurisdiction.”
“For these resources, the conventional approach of developing a bespoke concept has been challenging. Transborders promotes a different approach to achieve commercialisation. This consists of:
- Deploying a predetermined low-cost small scale FLNG development concept on gas resources that “fit” the concept;
- Confirming “fit” by adopting a target breakeven LNG price and assessing its achievability;
- Focusing initially on a >0.5 TCF EUR “sweet spot” to enable the initial development at minimal cost and developing the broader resource with these cash flows;
- Co-developing innovative commercial structures among key stakeholders, and
- Differentiating LNG offtake value proposition to secure LNG offtake contracts and bankability.
SEAAOC is Northern Australia’s largest and longest established petroleum conference and brings together major players involved within Australasia’s oil, gas and petroleum industries. The conference gathered over 850 delegates from across Australia and around the world.